Galahad and I have been making the most of the time we have to work on facing all sorts of scary obstacles. I think we really are improving. Opening rope gates is no longer a problem, although we have started to have a bit of trouble with real ones. I think that is mainly because the gateway has started to churn up a bit. Galahad has never been very happy when ridden on slippery ground and trying to force him to slide towards the gate is a bit much.
The other obstacles have got much better though and we have had a few lovely mornings playing with them.
Aren’t the hedges looking beautiful now!
Whilst I had the obstacles out I decided to take my sister’s pony over them and I took the opportunity that gave of leaving Galahad tied up wearing his new rug over his saddle. It seemed a good idea to let him experience it at home in case he has to wear it out. It was a little windy – although nothing like as much as it has been – and I was concerned the flapping would worry him. He was actually perfectly calm and barely moved at all. He has improved so much!