It has taken me a while but I finally managed to get our logs moved to a suitable place for jumping. It was lovely to be able to jump them at last and I did so at the first opportunity.
Galahad was not at all sure about the logs when we first entered the field and didn’t really want to go anywhere near them. When we did get close he had a very good look at them and from then on we had no problem. When we got to jumping though he ran out twice.
I then gave myself a stern talking to. Galahad has been round a proper cross country course and although we did have a couple of run outs we got round most of it with no trouble. The only thing stopping him was me and my nerves so I told myself to look up and ride positively. It worked!
The next time I rode was with my sister who suggested trying some pairs jumping. The ponies had never done it before but they took to it really well.
They jumped very nicely together and Cookster was more forward going than usual. It took a bit more practise to jump our tyres – round a corner – after the logs. Cookster kept drifting right, pushing us both around instead of over the fence. We got there in the end though and we had so much fun!